Wednesday, June 25, 2014

A Mother's Secret: A Blog Tour and Review

About The Book:

Book two in the Hearts of the Lancaster Grand Hotel series.
Carolyn Lapp dreams of marrying for love. But will the errors of her past destroy this dream forever?
Carolyn Lapp longs to have a traditional Amish family. But she lives on her brother’s farm with her parents and her 15-year old son, Benjamin. Carolyn has never revealed the identity of Benjamin’s father and lives daily with the guilt and shame of her youthful indiscretion. Her brother simply will not forgive her.
His answer is to arrange a practical marriage for Carolyn to Saul, a widower with a little girl. But Carolyn isn’t convinced that Saul really loves her and believes he is simply looking for someone to help raise his daughter.
When Benjamin causes trouble at a local horse auction, horse breeder Joshua Glick decides that he must be taught a lesson. Carolyn and Joshua are unmistakably drawn to each other, but Joshua mistakenly assumes that Benjamin is Carolyn’s brother. Carolyn fears that if he discovers the truth, her past will destroy their budding romance.
After years of shame and loneliness, Carolyn suddenly has two men vying for her attention. But which of them will give her the family-and the unconditional love-she’s longed for?
About The Author:
Amy Clipston holds a degree in communication from Virginia Wesleyan College and works full-time for the City of Charlotte, NC. Amy lives in North Carolina with her husband, and two sons and four spoiled rotten cats.

My Review:

Once again, I am excited to share with you my thoughts on an amazing book from the Amish Fiction genre. If you are a regular reader of my blog, you know this is one of my absolutely fave literature genres. This is the second book in the Hearts of the Lancaster Grand Hotel series, and it is a great follow up to book two, yet you could read it without having read the first book and not be too confused. 

This book is a bit of a departure from the typical Amish fiction I have read, which often deals with issues in families, marriage, and other relationships amongst younger folks. However, here in A Mother's Secret you are introduced to an other Amish woman and her journey to forgiveness and how freeing it truly is, especially when God is at the centre. 

The book caught my attention from the very first pages and I was up late into the night reading it, and not wanting it to end. The story lines flowed nicely and I felt the characters were developed nicely. I look forward to seeing how they continue in book three when it releases.

If you are looking for a great author of Amish Fiction, look no futher than Amy Clipston! I have read all of her books and this series is seriously one of my favorites. She reminds me a lot of Beverly Lewis and that is a huge compliment!

Book 3, A Dream Of Home, is set to release in Fall 2014, and I am excited to read that one too and see where this series goes from here.

I highly recommend this book and give it a huge thumbs up!


BUY IT: You can purchase A Mother's Secret online here. It is also available through your favorite local Christian bookseller

***I received a complimentary copy of this book, courtesy of LitFuse Publicity Group, for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

No comments:

Post a Comment